Reserve you spot
- Physical Fitness: Bharatanatyam involves intricate footwork, complex body movements, and graceful postures, which provide an excellent form of physical exercise that improves flexibility, balance, stamina, and overall body coordination, including correct body alignment and posture.
- Emotional Expression: Bharatanatyam is a highly expressive dance form that allows dancers to convey a wide range of emotions through facial expressions and hand gestures (mudras). This helps in developing emotional intelligence and communication skills.
- Stress Relief: The rhythmic movements and the connection between the body and music can help reduce stress and promote relaxation.
- Cognitive Development: Learning Bharatanatyam's intricate sequences and rhythms involves memorisation and cognitive skills. Practising these sequences can improve memory, focus, and cognitive abilities. This helps develop self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Cultural Connection: Bharatanatyam is deeply rooted in Indian culture and history. Practising this dance form provides a profound connection to the rich cultural heritage of India.
- Creativity and Artistic Expression: Dancers often have the opportunity to interpret and present stories uniquely, adding their personal touch to the art form.
- Social Interaction: Joining a dance class or a dance group allows individuals to meet like-minded people and build social connections, fostering community and belonging.
- Discipline and Patience: Learning Bharatanatyam requires discipline, dedication, and patience. Practising regularly and working on perfecting movements instils discipline and patience in dancers.
Early age practice of Bharatanatyam is not just about training children to become professional dancers. It instils valuable life skills, cultural awareness, and emotional development, making it a well-rounded and enriching experience for young learners.
All things sustainable & All things Indian! “Art for the Mind, Movement for the Body, Music for the Soul” Our programs cover Art, Music & Movement as they are the most effective means for children & adults to discover and develop their creative and learning skills. Working with these natural materials in a natural, open-ended and free environment promotes self-learning, the joy of learning, sensory development, fine motor skills, self-esteem, self-expression, problem-solving skills, leadership skills, discipline, broadened perspectives and a sense of acceptance. In addition, art, music & movement have a well-documented therapeutic quality that settles and calms children and adults. We have programs like bouldering, kalarippayattu, yoga, clay & pottery, natural colours, flute, mrudangam, Carnatic vocal music, veena and violin. We are looking for the right people o introduce spinning, weaving, knitting, sewing and carpentry.
1. Please carry your own water bottles 2. Kindly be at the venue 10 mins prior to the class