Reserve you spot
Kalaripayattu is a personal combat training system that includes exercises to develop sharp reflexes for unarmed combat and skilful fighting using sticks, daggers, knives, spears, swords and shields, urumi etc. It is also noted for its high-flying acrobatics. So, in learning Kalaripayattu, one learns unarmed fighting, wielding weapons and acrobatics.
Benefits of Kalaripayattu
- Physical Fitness: Kalaripayattu is an excellent form of physical exercise that promotes strength, flexibility, agility, endurance, and overall fitness. The rigorous training routines involve various body movements, postures, and techniques that engage multiple muscle groups.
- Self-Defence: Kalaripayattu equips practitioners with self-defence skills as a martial art. The training emphasises practical and efficient combat techniques for protecting oneself in dangerous situations.
- Increased Focus and Concentration: Kalaripayattu requires intense focus and concentration to execute precise movements and respond quickly to opponents. Regular practice can enhance mental acuity, concentration, balance and control.
- Personality Development: Kalaripayattu strongly emphasises discipline, respect, humility, perseverance, and self-control. Practitioners learn to control their emotions and reactions during training and combat scenarios.
- Stress Relief: Kalaripayattu incorporates meditation and specific breathing techniques (Pranayama) to develop mental clarity, focus, and a connection between body and mind. This and the rigorous physical movements help reduce stress and promote a sense of calm and relaxation.
Cultural Heritage: Kalaripayattu carries a deep cultural significance as one of the oldest martial arts in the world. Practising it allows individuals to connect with their heritage and India's rich history.
Overall, Kalaripayattu offers a comprehensive physical and mental well-being approach while fostering a deep connection to India's cultural heritage. It remains a revered and cherished martial art with benefits that extend beyond the physical realm.
All things sustainable & All things Indian! “Art for the Mind, Movement for the Body, Music for the Soul” Our programs cover Art, Music & Movement as they are the most effective means for children & adults to discover and develop their creative and learning skills. Working with these natural materials in a natural, open-ended and free environment promotes self-learning, the joy of learning, sensory development, fine motor skills, self-esteem, self-expression, problem-solving skills, leadership skills, discipline, broadened perspectives and a sense of acceptance. In addition, art, music & movement have a well-documented therapeutic quality that settles and calms children and adults. We have programs like bouldering, kalarippayattu, yoga, clay & pottery, natural colours, flute, mrudangam, Carnatic vocal music, veena and violin. We are looking for the right people o introduce spinning, weaving, knitting, sewing and carpentry.
1. Please carry your own water bottles 2. Kindly be at the venue 10 mins prior to the class